prism/2 firmware upload&download question

Matthew N. Dodd mdodd at FreeBSD.ORG
Sun Jun 22 10:55:56 PDT 2003

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
> ->	In the prism/2 and 2.5 firware are so called Firmware Information
> 	records. The types 1 .. 4 are defined (and I can handle those
> 	now). However I occasionally see a type 0x8001 - i.e. the version
> 	info type with the top bit set.
>
> Anyone any guesses as to what this signals ? This record tends to be
> longer; 7 words rather than 5 words in size.

I've got a number of firmware images here I was testing my firmware image
parser against and haven't run into the record type above.

Which firmware are you seeing this in?

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter at jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |