vr(4) duplex problems

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Thu Jun 19 20:22:45 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 17 June 2003 17:29, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> > > ukphy0: <Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface> on miibus1
> > > ukphy0:  10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto
> >
> > Nothing out of the ordinary there, but perhaps we're messing up by _not_
> > recognizing a specific PHY and doing something special.  Hmmmm...
> >
> > I have an idea, but since forced duplex works for you, I'm not inclined
> > to spend time on it now.
>
> OK, I will get back to you with the results with a different switch in a
> few days...

Hmm, well all I could manage was a 5 port micro switch. It is made by Alloy
but can autodetect crossover (MDX?). It works fine with the vr port doing
autodetect, so I guess it's an interaction with the older switch.

No idea how ammenable to software fixing that would be though :(

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5