Drawing graphics on terminal

Terry Lambert tlambert2 at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 18 23:59:53 PDT 2003

Jordan K Hubbard wrote:
> This one's a bit like government.  Everyone has an opinion about how it
> should work or what it could be doing better, but very few people want
> to actually get involved in changing it. :-)

It's not so much that, as that there are so many politicians
waiting in the wings to tack pork and unfunded mandates onto
the bill before they're willing to let it onto the floor ("Oh!
The devfs must support persistence before we let it in, even
though almost no one relies on that feature being there!",
etc.).

It would be nicer if there could just be a land grant to one
or two people over that area, and whatever they said goes, if
you are inside those borders ("Bob and Tom own the installer;
you want to work on it, talk to one of them; you don't like a
change that's happened, talk to them; if they're unresponsive,
be prepared to have to find 66% of people to agree with you,
because we're going to cut them a lot of slack, once they own
the area").

Changing a single city ordinance is really impossible, if the
county, state, federal government, the UN, Green Peace, and
Amnesty International all insist that they have to approve the
ordinance before you're allowed to put it into effect.  8-(.

-- Terry