Interview in Byte with Chris Sontag/SCO and FUD relating to BSDsettlement agreement

Josef Grosch jgrosch at mooseriver.com
Tue Jun 17 17:03:51 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 11:11:49AM -0700, Jordan K Hubbard wrote:
> You can't.  A provision of the settlement agreement was that none of
> the signatories could publish the settlement agreement.  If I remember
> correctly, Chris Demetriou was the signatory for NetBSD, Rob Kolstad
> was the signatory for BSD/OS and I was the signatory for FreeBSD.  The
> agreement was pretty clear on the fact that by signing the agreement
> and putting the mutual lawsuits behind us, Novell agreed that anyone
> based on 4.4Lite2 going forward would be free and clear.
>
> - Jordan
>
> On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 05:14 AM, Josef Grosch wrote:
>
> >Where can one find a copy of the settlement agreement?
> >
> --
> Jordan K. Hubbard
> Engineering Manager, BSD technology group
> Apple Computer

Thank you Jordan. That is what I remembered. I was also under the
impression that because we started over again with 4.4Lite2 after the
settlement that we could not be sued again. We have also had a CVS system
in place since the before the settlement and what we did get from IBM via
Whistle was developed by Whistle for IBM and given to us. Basically when
SCO says there "may be a problem with FreeBSD" they are just blowing
smoke. Right.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a | FreeBSD 5.1
jgrosch at MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | www.bafug.org