Multimedia Keyboard (extra keys) on console

JacobRhoden jrhoden at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Jun 9 21:09:32 PDT 2003

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 11:50 am, king ferrex wrote:
> no it wont, thats the problem ;) as mr.rachinsky, i need to patch my kernel
> and add the raw scancodes to produce keycodes, will do that later.
> thanks for the help.

I would very much like to be able to use the multimedia keys on my keyboard as
well (has bugged me for a long time now.. that next/previous track keys for
xmms are kind of nice in Windows). Could I please have the ported showkey as
well (: (I am happy to do some kernel hacking / testing) if it means I can
get my keyboard working properly.

- jacob

Jacob Rhoden            Phone: +61 3 8344 6102
ITS Division            Email: jrhoden at unimelb.edu.au
Melbourne University   Mobile: +61 403 788 386