Multimedia Keyboard (extra keys) on console

khachikyan.de vahe at khachikyan.de
Wed Jun 4 15:16:04 PDT 2003

It depends on what the linux utility delivers.
RAW scancodes or XLATE scancodes. What you need is the translated scancode
and
you need a press codes not the release ones.
There is qualified article about FreeBSD syscons in the net but it is in
russian. The author provides also
some utilities for playing alittle bit  with syscons driver.
see http://www.tsu.ru/~pascal/unix/syscons/scancode.c
the utility which can show scancodes RAW ones as well as intern ones.
There are a pair of other utilities on the same site, but the text is only
in russian :-)
--
Vahe
---