What RFCs are supported by FreeBSD

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 04:53:57 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 03:14:07PM +0400, Nickolay A. Kritsky wrote:

>   Hello, my fellow hackers.
>
> Does anybody know, which RFCs are followed by FreeBSD's core network
> drivers (like IP,TCP,routing,UDP,ICMP drivers)?

Everything that is current and industry standard is my well-educated and
thought-about guess. There are some relatively newer ones that maybe haven't
worked their way in yet, and quite a few higher level ones (DIAMETER as
opposed to RADIUS) that don't belong in FreeBSD. I suppose it depends on why
you want to know...

Put it this way - it's not a coincidence that Windows NT had a very similar
stack to FreeBSD when version 4 was released way back when, and it still has
some *remarkable* similarities, even now in Windows 2003 Server...

--
Paul Robinson