Ultra ATA card doesn't seem to provide Ultra speeds.

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Thu Jul 31 08:04:08 PDT 2003

In the last episode (Jul 31), Kenneth Culver said:
> > What I find fascinating is that Maxtor's site never actually tells you
> > the true throughput of that disk anywhere.
> > http://www.maxtor.com/en/products/ata/desktop/diamondmax_plus_9/
>
> Almost none of the hard disk manufacturers do. In fact I've never seen
> "true throughput" numbers from ANY manufacturer.

Really?  It must be an ATA thing, since I'm not sure I've ever seen a
SCSI drive specs page without them (even Maxtor)

http://www.maxtor.com/en/products/scsi/atlas_10k_family/atlas_10k_iv/index.htm
"maximum sustained data transfer rate up to 72MB/sec."

http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/discsales/enterprise/family/0,1086,530,00.html
Lists not only sustained transfer rate, but tells you the center and
edge platter speed range

http://ssddom01.hgst.com/tech/techlib.nsf/techdocs/966AE18147C20C8587256BF100656F41/$file/HGSTUltrastar146Z10.PDF
Also lists center/edge sustained speeds

--