recent mplayer port spinning?

Brandon D. Valentine brandon at dvalentine.com
Fri Jul 25 16:58:51 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 12:46:49PM -0400, Brian Reichert wrote:

> I _do_ want to open a PR on this, but I'm uncertain if if I should
> just claim it's an mplayer issue, or should I do more research to
> track what the point of failure it 'really' is, or just open a PR
> describing my symptoms, as-is.

FWIW, mplayer works great for me here.

554 taran:/home/bandix/media/video% uname -a
FreeBSD taran 4.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #10: Tue Jul 22 01:21:11 CDT 2003     bandix at taran:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TARAN  i386
555 taran:/home/bandix/media/video% pkg_info | grep mplayer
mplayer-fonts-0.50  A font pack for the mplayer OSD and SUB
mplayer-gtk-esound-0.90.0.110_2 High performance media player/encoder supporting many forma
mplayer-skins-1.0.5_1 Skins for MPlayer's Graphical User Interface (GUI)
mplayerplug-in-0.80 A Mozilla plugin for the MPlayer media player

Perhaps you should try upgrading your system to 4.8.  There should be no
reason that the mplayer port won't compile and work on 4.7, but there
may be a bogon hidden somewhere in the binaries you have installed that
caused problems in the mplayer compile.  It's almost always worth
updating your system to the latest release before filing a bug report
just to make certain that the bug has not already been fixed.

Brandon D. Valentine
--
brandon at dvalentine.com                                 http://www.geekpunk.net
Pseudo-Random Googlism:  beauty is breaking ground to the girl in the