logitech cordless optical mouse problems...

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Wed Dec 31 10:25:22 PST 2003

On Dec 30, 2003, at 11:31 AM, Evren Yurtesen wrote:

> The funny thing is that this works in Windows and Linux. So how come it
> doesnt work in FreeBSD without any physical change? I think this is a
> bug
> in FreeBSD.

Some of these mouse/keyboards are weird.  I've used one on FreeBSD in
the past, and it would work for weeks, and then the mouse or the
keyboard would stop working even through reboots.  I had to go through
combinations of resetting the logitech hardware to get it to work
again.  I found the sequence on Logitech's website, it was something
like reset all three pieces, unreset the wireless part, then unreset
the keyboard and mouse.

I'm currently using this mouse/keyboard on a Windows system.  I have to
unplug and replug the USB connection after the system powers up to get
Windows to find the mouse, at first it powers up only with the
keyboard.  100% reproducible.

I have a newer version and don't have any problems.

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.