sis 7018

omestre omestre at freeshell.org
Tue Dec 30 07:23:56 PST 2003

 Hello,
 My name is Leal, i'm brazillian and do no speak english very well...
sorry.
 I'm a *nix user, administrator and fan: Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris... Posix
rules!
 Now, my workstation is a Athlon 850, with realtek (net), sis 730 video
card,
and sis 7018 audio. Everything is fine... :)) almost everything... My
workstation
is without sound. Solaris do not have sis 7018 driver. The Linux do.
FreeBSD too.
 I'm thinking about to port linux driver to solaris, but the driver
license is GPL,
 and i do not know if i can do that (LGPL). This task will be for fun and
to learn more
about solaris... and *nix at all.
Do you know about solaris modules? (documentation, howtos, examples)
Do you know if i can do that (legal)?
How much dependent is the sis 7018 driver to linux (FreeBSD)?
Maybe i can use the FreeBSD (BSD license) driver... to port.
Some tips...
 thanks very much!!

omestre at sdf.lonestar.org