FreeBSD 5.x source update and compilation problem in HP Vectra VE18

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Mon Dec 29 20:01:32 PST 2003

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Ganbold wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed FreeBSD 5.1 in HP Vectra VE18 PIII 450MHz with 128MB RAM and
> 4GB HDD.
> However I'm having problem compiling sources. Whenever I try to make buildworld
> make stops sometime later saying some variable not found etc. When I check

As has already been pointed out, this sounds like bad ram or some other
flaky hardware.  Does this computer work well under load with whatever OS
was on it previously?

You might want to try memtest, available from http://www.memtest86.com/ ;
it might be able to help diagnose the problem.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack