enhanced security patch for if_wi

Sebastian Yepes F. [ESN] esn at x123.info
Fri Dec 26 01:56:38 PST 2003

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 01:07:31 +0100
"The MiP RvL" <the_mip_rvl at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> This is a patch for which a couple of wi-fi fans have been waiting to get :) And now it's there, just before Christmas ;)
>
> This patch is against FreeBSD 5.1, I didn't have current installed and 5.0 doesn't work in hostap mode with 1.7.4 firmware.
> http://wleiden.webweaving.org:8080/svn/node-config/other/enh-sec-patch/
>
> For the enhsec option to work you need a prism 2,2.5,3 with firmware 1.6.3 or higher.
>
> To give a small explaination:
>
> It uses a firmware feature: 0xFC43
>
> # wicontrol -i iface -E 0|1|2|3
> This sets the WI_RID_CNFENHSECURITY flag.
> 0 = "disabled"
> 1 = hide SSID in beacon frames
> 2 = ignore clients with a "ANY" SSID
> 3 = 1 and 2 combined
>
> It blocks clients with a "" or "ANY" ssid
> And disables ssid broadcasting.
>
> I checked it today, and it worked,
> but please do acknowledge the fact that I haven't been
> able to test this function on a real network, with real data going over the link.
>
> I haven't had the time yet to make it work with ifconfig, so until then, use wicontrol.
>
> Regards,
>
> Roland van Laar

hi man nice work.. there are the diff on Current[Tuday], i well try to make this work with the ath drv..

Until next time..

----

if (Better You Treat Them) { return "Worst You Get Treated"; }

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed..
(Martin Luther King)
/*
www:
 http://www.x123.info

Contect:			FingerPrint:
 esn aT x123.info		 0D42 F870 F650 6B86 CA9E
 esn aT freshpkgsrc.org		 E199 A57D 3824 F8AA A934
 sebastian.yepes aT hp.com
*/