Multiple speaker channels

ANISH MISTRY mistry.7 at osu.edu
Tue Dec 23 18:54:20 PST 2003

I've got a Hercules GameTheatre XP and I'm trying to enable both the front and rear speaker channels on the sound card.  Just by looking at the ALSA source it seems that there are multiple codecs for my particular card.  1 for the front, and 1 for the back.  There seems to be the same in initilization code, which is already in the FreeBSD driver, so just copy/paste our existing code, but it only initilizes the first codec.  My question, is there a current framework in FreeBSD for multiple speaker channels so that I can get sound out of my rear speakers, and where is there an example of it.  If not, is one being worked on?

Thanks,

--
Anish Mistry