pci_cfgintr: can't route an interrupt ...

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 23 08:07:25 PST 2003

On 23-Dec-2003 Barry Bouwsma wrote:

> [Drop my IPv6-only address for any replies, or hostname-only for IPv4...]
>
> There was a thread about this in this list back in late may of 2003.
> I recently found a mainboard which exhibits this problem with one particular
> card I have -- a combi OHCI+EHCI USB card with firewire, and an on-card
> HiNT PCI-PCI bridge.

FreeBSD-4 is not going to route interrupts correctly across an onboard
PCI-PCI bridge or any devices behind it.  FreeBSD-5 will, but 4.x will
not.  Try disabling PNP OS in your BIOS if you have it set to get the
BIOS to route all the interrupts if possible.