support for __thread

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Mon Dec 22 06:03:34 PST 2003

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> Any idea of how much effort it would take?  I have no clue as to
> how to fix our toolchain, gooing the work in ld.so doesn't see
> that awful, but it's not trivial either:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/tls.pdf
>
> I want a threaded webstone so that I can generate a lot more load
> with wimpier client boxes on FreeBSD.

While you're working on gcc / our linker, you may want to investigate this
article that I just saw on news.google.com as well:

---
GCC summit in Kuwait concludes meetings, approves ''anti-terrorism''
agreement
---

I'm not sure exactly what OS support that requires, but having it would
certainly put us ahead of OpenBSD's ProPolice + nonexec stack!

Mike "Silby" Silbersack