support for __thread

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Sun Dec 21 22:01:39 PST 2003

In the last episode (Dec 22), Daniel Eischen said:
> I'd like to stay away from maintaining libc_r any further; not that
> it can't be done, but with libkse and libthr around, why?

Do gdb and pstack (in ports) handle libkse or libthr threads?  libc_r
is a great debugging tool, if nothing else.  I can't even attach to a
libkse-threaded program with gdb; the tracee gets SIGSTOP'ped, and gdb
just sits there.  You have to kill -9 gdb from another tty, and the
tracee dies.  gdb can attach to a libc_r program, view all the threads,
and detach without affecting the tracee.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com