USB link cables.

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Sun Dec 21 21:35:27 PST 2003

On Monday 22 December 2003 14:39, David Gilbert wrote:
> Has anyone looked into supporting USB link cables?  I see a number of
> these on eBay ... they appear to have two usb host connectors and some
> small bit of electronics (by the description).  Are these propriatary
> ... or is there some sensible way this would work?

There's a linux driver for some models.
http://www.linux-usb.org/usbnet/

If it's FreeBSD to FreeBSD and they both have firewire you could use if_fwe
(which is nonstandard unfortunately).

Of course there's also ethernet :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5