Diskless on 4.9R

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Fri Dec 19 12:09:38 PST 2003

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 04:58:22PM +0000, Bob Bishop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone got diskless working on 4.9R? Probes look OK then I'm getting:

> Mounting root from nfs:192.168.0.1:/diskless4.9
> missing device name
> setrootbyname failed
> SMP: AP CPU #3 Lanuched!
> SMP: AP CPU #2 Lanuched!
> SMP: AP CPU #1 Lanuched!
> panic: nfs_mountroot: RTM_ADD: 51
> [etc]
>
> This is a dual Xeon box. Any idea what I'm missing? TIA

Hmm, mine are working with 4.9-PRERLEASE.  Shooting from the hip, I
think this looks somewhat like the issue I ran into when I enabled
"options BOOTP" on a previously working configuration and it broke
because the syntax of "option root-path" in dhcpd.conf is different with
BOOTP enabled.  If you have any of the BOOTP options, in your kernel,
what does your root-path line look like?

-- Brooks