FreeBSD VFS System?

Ryan Sommers ryans at gamersimpact.com
Tue Dec 16 09:45:09 PST 2003

Are there any good web resources or books on the VFS system that the
FreeBSD kernel uses? I'm guessing it might have originated from the
4.4BSD(?) interface. I've been attempting to read through the source
code for different system calls (ie mkdir, rmdir, mount/umount) and
haven't been able to get very far because of the substantial layers of
indirection involved. For this reason I was looking at picking apart the
different subsystems involved and was wondering if there was anything
any more annotated then the source code itself.

Thanks in advance.

--
Ryan "leadZERO" Sommers
ryans at gamersimpact.com