REPOST - Installation Bug - All available versions hang on install

Thor Anderson thor_anderson at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 00:53:43 PST 2003

> > What makes this system unusual is that it is “legacy free”

>....and thereby it doesn't have a keyboard controller at all.  The system
>is hanging on boot looking for the keyboard controller itself and not
>finding one, since it doesn't exist.

>If someone else is familar enough with the workaround for this issue, and
>can post it, I could make the changes and build an ISO for you, probably,
>though my free time for such at the moment is limited.

Thank you David.

As you surmised, my BIOS does not have the keyboard emulation mode you
mention.

Before I ask you to build the kernel for me, I'll try to round up a more
convertional computer and try to do it myself.  Based upon this (and the
other) reply, the key seems to be to compile without any legacy keyboard
I/O, to prevent the hang.

Let me know if your developers have any further suggestions or if anyone has
specific tips to help a newbie achive the kernel build.

Thor