make installworld DESTDIR=foo troubles

Marco Molteni molter at tin.it
Thu Dec 11 07:48:08 PST 2003

Makoto Matsushita wrote [2003-12-12]:

> molter> what am I missing?
>
> It seems that you forget to set PATH environment variable.  As you
> know, "env -i" does not pass any environment variable to child process
> if any other variables are explicitly set.

Hi Makoto-san,

if you look at my previous email:

> make installworld DESTDIR=$DESTDIR, or
> env -i make installworld DESTDIR=$DESTDIR

I tried both with and without "env -i", the result is the same failure.

Just to be sure:

root at cobweb# which install
/usr/bin/install

root at cobweb# ls -l /usr/bin/install
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  11888 Nov 25 22:57 /usr/bin/install*

I also reset the root shell to csh, and simulate a full login with "su -".

No change

Marco