adding more ram

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Wed Dec 10 18:46:12 PST 2003

In a message written on Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 02:42:12AM -0000, Sparrevohn, Thomas wrote:
> The /var size should properly stay as recommended. But a sanity
> check on the available space when enabling crash dumps might be a
> good idea

Right, I didn't want to change the default suggestion, just put near
that recomendation that crash dumps may greatly increase /var need,
and also mention that in the swap sizing section as to why swap == ram
should probably be a minimum (otherwize you can't turn on crash dumps
without repartitioning).