running wine automatically as a shell for w32 binaries

Chris BeHanna chris at behanna.org
Sat Dec 6 22:19:25 PST 2003

On Saturday 06 December 2003 10:19, Julian Stacey wrote:
> >       Hi all,
> >       I wrote a new imgact function for FreeBSD to start wine
> >       automatically as a sort of an "interpreter" for windows
> >       binaries.
> >       <http://www.mawit.com/~jau/imgact_wine-4.9.patch>
>
> Great idea !  If this small diff gets tested & merged into src/
> automatic MS support will be a real plus.

    With the weekly proliferation of MS worms, trojans, and viruses,
do you *really* think this is a good idea?

    Yeah, it's neat, nifty, and cool, but it comes with substantial
risk.

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer                   (Remove "bogus" before responding.)
chris at bogus.behanna.org
                 Turning coffee into software since 1990.