about /usr/ports make with options..

Darren Pilgrim dmp at bitfreak.org
Sat Aug 23 14:49:28 PDT 2003

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 12:21:37 -0600
"Andrew Lankford" <arlankfo at 141.com> wrote:
> It would also
> be nice to specify certain "heirarchys" of kernel modules that
> you don't want built in make.conf or your config file.

There's the MODULES_OVERRIDE option, which, while the logical opposite of what you want, is easy to populate with a script that takes the list of directories in /usr/src/sys/modules and creates a space-delimited list less the modules you don't want built.

> Not that
> I'm suggesting that pkgtools should be imported into FreeBSD.  Yech!

I feel just the opposite, I think pkgtools should be included, though it's not likely to happen.