about /usr/ports make with options..

Andrew Lankford arlankfo at 141.com
Sat Aug 23 11:17:48 PDT 2003

>Create your own pkgtools.conf with your preferred make
> options. For example, I have..
>
>  MAKE_ARGS = {
>     'audio/xmms' => '-DWITHOUT_3DNOW',
  blah blah blah
>  }

It would be even nicer to have that functionality work in /etc/make.conf or the ports build system instead of the imprecise "WITHOUT_3DNOW='yo'" trick I rely on.  It would also
be nice to specify certain "heirarchys" of kernel modules that
you don't want built in make.conf or your config file.  Not that
 I'm suggesting that pkgtools should be imported into FreeBSD.  Yech!

Andrew Lankford