Dumping a core from inside of process

Artem 'Zazoobr' Ignatjev timon at memphis.mephi.ru
Thu Aug 21 14:57:42 PDT 2003

Hello, hackers

I'm writing some program, which dlopens() a lot of shared objects, and
can do nasty things to it's own memory. Some day I decided to trap fatal
memory signals, like SIGILL, SIGBUS and SIGSEGV, and wrote a handler for
these, which swears with bad words into syslog, dlcloses() all that
objects, and quits.
But today I found that it's very useful - to have coredump handy, since
its eases debug a lot. What is the (correct) way to make a coredump of
your own memory (and, it'll be nice to have all that stack frames and
registers written as they were when the signal did occured, not what
they were when we are already in signal handler)
--
Artem 'Zazoobr' Ignatjev <timon at memphis.mephi.ru>