SIGRTMIN, SIGRTMAX, sigqueue? A call for estimates

Andreas Fuchs asf at void.at
Mon Aug 18 11:39:07 PDT 2003

Hi all,

What do you think, how much work will it take to get sigqueue and the
SIGRT* bunch into freebsd (5-CURRENT)? I'm working on a port of Steel
Bank Common Lisp's threading layer to freebsd (from linux), and it uses
some realtime signal functionality, especially to raise conditions in
other threads.

Did anybody on this list try to implement sigqueue, etc. before? How far
did they get? What were the complications? I couldn't find discussion on
this in gmane.org's or freebsd.org's archive, so I'm asking here.

Of course, I'm also interested in help from other interested porters,
implementors or (preferably) kernel hackers. (-:

Thanks,
--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf at acm.org>, asf at jabber.at, antifuchs