possible deadlocks?

Ted Unangst tedu at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 7 14:03:11 PDT 2003

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Robert Watson wrote:

> Neat -- sounds like two good catches given the responses so far.  Can we
> expect more such reports forthcoming?  This kind of help will be
> invaluable in finishing up the fine-grained locking work.  Alternatively,
> do you plan to post the software?  Is this static or dynamic analysis?
> etc, etc?  :-)

First, thanks Sam and John for confirmation.  More reports should be
coming as we find things, though this is still early.  It's being done
using static analysis, though I'm not really involved in writing the
checker.  I just happen to know some about the kernel and help interpret
results. :)  Good to know you're interested though.

--
"People have criticized me because my security detail is larger
than the president's.  But you must ask yourself: are there more