How to get a device_t

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Aug 6 17:37:53 PDT 2003

In message: <20030807001244.GF35859 at cicely12.cicely.de>
            Bernd Walter <ticso at cicely12.cicely.de> writes:
: On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 05:52:57PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > In message: <20030806110013.GE32228 at cicely12.cicely.de>
: >             Bernd Walter <ticso at cicely12.cicely.de> writes:
: > : Back to the original question:
: > : How do I get the device_t from nexus?
: >
: > You don't.  You are assigned one.
: >
: > : Is there a get_nexus() function somewhere?
: >
: > No.  You don't need it.
: >
: > Chances are you could create an identify routine that would attach the
: > bus to.  The identify routine should be all you need.
:
: The point is that this special CPU can only be identified by its
: host bridge.
: That's the place were the MMCR bus has to be attached to nexus, so
: we need the handle within this function.

Then why not just hang the bus off the host bridge?  There's really no
compelling reason to have it on the nexus.

Warner