boot2 broken ? (booting from pst fails)

Toerless Eckert eckert at i4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Apr 30 01:01:52 PDT 2003

> resource lacking. You can do your's best. You already posted here about
> problems of booting from such controller, and it is recorded in mailing
> list archives. If you can, fix it. If no, change hardware and hope that
> somebody will fix it as soon as possible.

Mailinglists are not a good way of archiving known information,
it takes far too much work for people to search that information.
I think if it's known that booting works/does-not-work for a given
combination of hw then it would be good to document it in a bit less
volatile documentation like the manual page or HW compatbilitiy list or
whatever else is easie found than mailinglists archives.

Cheers
	Toerless