rpc.lockd

omestre at freeshell.org omestre at freeshell.org
Tue Apr 29 09:05:09 PDT 2003

 Hello,
 I'm having problems with rpc.lockd (nfs locks)...
 Now, i guess that i know "where is" the problem. I have one Linux box
as my NFS server to Linux and FreBSD 4.x machines, working fine.
 I have some FreeBSD 5.0 machines that do not work the locks. Looking at
the log in the Linux server, i have saw these messages:
kernel: lockd: bad cookie size 16 (only cookies under 8 bytes are supported.)
 Without 5.0 clients, these messages go out! So, how can i make the rpc.lockd
work like 4.x series?
 The 5.0 lock protocol, i guess, is incompatible with linux ( kernel 2.4.20).
 Thanks.

---