wi(4) - polling(4) changes / DEVICE_POLLING

Dirk-Willem van Gulik dirkx at webweaving.org
Mon Apr 21 04:05:57 PDT 2003

Is anyone actively working on making the polling(8) to the wi(4) driver ?

As in www.wirelessleiden.nl we're seeing very significant (>80%) INTR
time spend when doing simple bridging from one wi(4) card to another on
the lower end motherboards (P1, slow P2's).

And we have similarly seen that using DEVICE_POLLING on the sis(4) cards
in the same device would instantly drop sis0<->sis1 INTR time resources to
acceptible levels (and increase performance by almost a 2 fold).

Or are there any fundamental issues with making wi(4) polling(4) aware ?
I.e. some specific firmware issues, etc ?

Thanks !

Dw