using x11 forwarding with ssh from a jail

Brian Dean bsd at bsdhome.com
Sun Apr 20 16:31:41 PDT 2003

Hi,

Is anyone having problems connecting to their X server from inside a
jail using ssh's X11 forwarding?

>From my non-jail environment, I ssh into my jail environment with X11
forwarding enabled.  When I try to invoke an X application, I get:

  % xclock
  X connection to localhost:11.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

It works fine if I uset 'xhost +' in my non-jail environment and the
point my display appropriately from inside the jail (bypassing ssh x11
forwarding).  Any ideas why X11 forwarding doesn't seem to do the
right thing?

-Brian
--
Brian Dean