libpthread patch

Alex Semenyaka alexs at ratmir.ru
Fri Apr 18 16:08:24 PDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 06:53:54PM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> I don't think you can always set SA_NOCLDWAIT because it could
> screw up wait() in programs that don't set SA_NOCLDWAIT.

Sure, and I wrote it in that PR: zombie is the information for the wait,
no zombie - no infromation.

But are there programs which call signal(SIGCHLD, SIG_IGN) and then trying
to wait()? I supposed that there are no such: suggested behaviour of signal()
is the standard for a lot of systems. Yes, I know that most of them are SysV.
But do we have such non-portable BSD-only products trying to use
signal(SIGCHLD, SIG_IGN)/wait()?

I may be wrong of course, but would anybody points me out the product that will
be broken after such changes? Thanks in advance!

								SY, Alex