Shared Source CLI

Michael Edenfield kutulu at kutulu.org
Thu Apr 17 15:17:00 PDT 2003

* Beech Rintoul <akbeech at northwindcom.net> [030417 16:52]:

> I got a request from one of our microsoft programmers to install sscli on
> one of our FreeBSD boxes. I had no luck compiling it. Has anyone gotten it
> to compile successfully on -CURRENT?

At one point, I did get the lang/cli port to build with no problem.
It's a bit outdated (2002-06-19 vs. 2002-11-02) but it worked.
Unfortunately, I'm now getting a syntax error in the configure:

./configure: line 1041: syntax error near unexpected token `fi'
./configure: line 1041: `fi'

that I think is unrelated to the sscli port and possibly related to a
broken shell.

As far as doing a build of the latest snapshot, it certainly doesn't
work out of the box.  The first problem I ran into was with their PAL
reimplementation of localtime, ctime, and mktime.  After going through
the macro-hackery in the headers that's used to redefine the C runtime
functions, you end up with conflicting definitions for these
functions, eg, you get:

struct * DUMMY_tm __attribute((cdecl)) PAL_localtime(const time_t *)
and
struct * PAL_tm __attribute((cdecl)) PAL_localtime(const time_t *)

in misc.c, and gcc stops there.  It looks like they're missing a macro
replacement of tm -> PAL_tm in a header, but I've not spent time
tracking it down.  My next goal, during my free time tommorrow, is to
check the patchs in the lang/cli port that I assume deal with similar
issues.

(FYI: I did try just dropping the new tarball overtop the one the port
expects but most of the patches didn't apply.)

--Mike