HP psc 750 on FreeBSD 4.8

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely9.cicely.de
Thu Apr 17 05:08:23 PDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 03:39:35PM +0400, ???? ????? wrote:
> Hello Bernd,
> Thursday, April 17, 2003, 2:44:46 PM, you wrote:
>
> >> Ok, after installing usbutil.tgz. and using usbctl i get this:
> BW> The printer just have three alternate settings for ulpt.
> BW> Are you absolutely shure that ulpt was in the kernel you tested with?
>
>   For FreeBSD 4.7 ulpt uses only first interface configuration.
> Initialization tests only first interface configuration for proper endpoint.
>   For my USB-connected HP LaserJet 1200 I made following modifications in
> ULPT.C. Recompile kernel.

Acording to usbctl output the PSC750 has only one interface.
I doubt that this is different for an LJ1200.
Also I don't see why you would need this change, ulpt gets asked for
every interface and if the interface is not a printer class, then ulpt
has no reason to think about being the right driver.
See usbd_probe_and_attach() in usb_subr.c.

ticso at bwct.de                                  info at bwct.de