perchild

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Wed Apr 16 01:24:15 PDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 04:45:46PM -0300, omestre at freeshell.org wrote:

>  Hello all...
>  Has somebody compiled FreeBSD 5.0 with apache 2.0 mpm perchild feature?
>  I have the old problem with php scripts (the php scripts runnig with
> the same user:group of apache).
>  So, I need apache 2.0, with mpm:perchild module. This modules allow apache
> start php scripts with diferent uid:gid.
>  The threads in FreeBSD 5.0, how they are? userland or kernel level (like linux)?
>  Somebody knows how can i solve that problem?

A quick examination of the ports/www/apache2/Makefile shows that you can
build it in perchild mode by setting the WITH_MPM environment variable
to 'perchild'.  In other words,

  cd /usr/ports/www/apache2
  make WITH_MPM=perchild clean all install && make clean

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at sbnd.net    roam at FreeBSD.org
Thit sentence is not self-referential because "thit" is not a word.