ioctl's in md

Mark Santcroos marks at ripe.net
Wed Apr 16 00:04:45 PDT 2003

Hi Poul-Henning,

Now that md is geomized [is that the correct term ;)], how can I add an
ioctl handler for a created md device?

As there isn't simply a make_dev(), and I have to go through the geom
system, I wonder if it is possible at all.

The reason for this is that I want to make a CDROM type, similar to the
VNODE type, but that handles cdrom ioctl's. (Which is necesarry to make
vmware2 boot from a "cdrom").

Mark

ps. I tried to find the answer in sys/dev/ata/, there I saw that only
atapi-cd and atapi-tape do make_dev()'s. Is that because they need ioctl's
or is that totally unrelated?

--
Mark Santcroos                    RIPE Network Coordination Centre
http://www.ripe.net/home/mark/    New Projects Group/TTM