Solaris 2.x compat. system accounting, sarcheck for fbsd (commercial)

Andreas Klemm andreas at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 10 23:10:13 PDT 2003

Hi,

I wrote some performance monitoring utilities and need for
example a parameter wait for I/O, that I didn't find in our
tools, did I overlook something ?

Another thing is, that I liked the Solaris output format
a lot - 1st column gives timestamp HH:MM - so my tools
made use of it when converting some of the data to my own
ascii database format to make the plots and such ...

Fine would be now a Solaris alike sa, thar for example
gives you

time	wait for i/o	CPU busy
and such, don't remember the order ...

Having the same style and output format incl. commandline
options would be cool.

Well, did somebody already write such a shiny tool ? ;-)

Another thing, for Solaris, HP/UX, etc there exists a monitoring
tools based on the Solaris sa output (sarcheck).

http://www.sarcheck.com/

It makes graphs and also concrete suggestions concerning kernel tuning.

In the Solaris order form they want to know which other
platforms are wanted, of course I entered FreeBSD ;-)

Now something like a Solaris compatible sa would be fine,
so that tools and commandline options at least would be
compatible to Solaris style, I think that would make it
easier for a port ...

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 4.7