Bug in make(1)?

Pawel Jakub Dawidek nick at garage.freebsd.pl
Thu Apr 3 23:28:17 PST 2003

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 02:03:35AM +0200, Dimitry Andric wrote:
+> Therefore, the simplest solution is to specify -o options everywhere.
+> I've attached a patch for /usr/share/mk/sys.mk that does this, but
+> please beware, it might break stuff which *expects* output files to
+> always be put in the current directory.

And this is IMHO correct behaviour. I'll try to build world and kernel
with this patch and I'm quite sure that this doesn't break anything.

Thanks.

Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       pawel at dawidek.net
UNIX Systems Programmer/Administrator     http://garage.freebsd.pl
Am I Evil? Yes, I Am!                     http://cerber.sourceforge.net