How can I help get the GNOME port updated?

Kevin Zheng kevinz5000 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 18:55:57 UTC 2018

> I use GNOME on my FreeBSD desktop and it works well -- thanks for all
> the hard work. However, it's starting to get quite out of date now
> though, with 3.18 being released over 2 years ago and many nice
> improvements having been made in that time. I'm wonder what the
> blockers are to getting the port updated in the main ports tree? And
> by extension if I can help fund the work required or help out by
> submitting patches myself. In the latter case some specific direction
> on the most valuable place to start would be appreciated.

I wanted to echo the questions asked here.

I'm interested in seeing FreeBSD's GNOME keep up with upstream. But the
FreeBSD GNOME site and wiki page look out of date and are pretty
unhelpful in stating how to contribute.

There's a list of team members but not who's responsible for what, so
it's hard to find out who to reach out to. And this mailing list is full
of automated messages so it's hard to sort out the cruft.

How can I get involved with GNOME on FreeBSD?

--
Kevin Zheng
kevinz5000 at gmail.com | kevinz at berkeley.edu | PGP: 0xC22E1090