Is cinnamon functional

Gustau Pérez gustau.perez at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 06:53:49 UTC 2015

On 05/03/2015 08:33, Roosevelt Littleton wrote:
> Thanks Gustau. Here appears to be the only relevant line that kills
> cinnamon-session:

   Hi Roosevelt,

   First,
   this is suspicious, it appears cinnamon-session receives a signal 15
(SIGTERM). Also the python backtrace seems to tell us something is
missing in your system (the exec calls seem to be missing some
binaries). I suspect something went wrong in your system the last time
you updated.

   Two things I'd try:

      1 Ensure your system is up-to-date and not missing things. I'm not
sure how to do that.
      2 Use cinnamon in the freebsd-gnome/gnome-3.14 branch from the
github repo. From this repo I tried both software rendering and
accelerated and both sessions did boot fine.

   If you could try #2 it would be very helpful because I'd like to hear
from cinnamon 2.4 in as many different setups as possible. Could you
install git, clone that repo and rebuild?

   Thanks,

    G.