pulseaudio: no sound

David Naylor dbn at freebsd.org
Tue Jan 20 16:45:23 UTC 2015

Dear Gnome list,

On my current installation PulseAudio fails to play any sound.  Can you please
suggest the appropriate location to report this issue.

# pulseaudio
W: [(null)] caps.c: Normally all extra capabilities would be dropped now, but
that's impossible because PulseAudio was built without capabilities support.
E: [(null)] ltdl-bind-now.c: Failed to open module module-oss-mmap.so: Shared
object "module-oss-mmap.so" not found, required by "pulseaudio"
E: [(null)] module.c: Failed to open module "module-oss-mmap".
E: [(null)] main.c: Module load failed.
E: [(null)] main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.

I installed PulseAudio using the official package repository.

Regards,

David