ports/185252: x11-toolkits/pango can't find fonts

John Hein john.hein at microsemi.com
Sat Mar 15 18:30:51 UTC 2014

miwi at FreeBSD.org wrote at 15:50 GMT on Mar 15, 2014:
 > hi, could u please check if the problem still exist with the current
 > portstree?

I noticed the problem with r348052 (~ March 13).  This was after
the change to make pango support staging.

I just updated to r348357 which changed the pango-querymodules
invocation in pkg-plist to use --update-cache (and put the module list
in lib/pango/1.8.0/modules.cache).  That fixes the problem I reported.
Thanks.

It's probably wise to use pango-querymodules --update-cache --system
(to avoid possible pollution due to pango config in the install user's
home directory), but that's apple polishing.

I'd also use %%PREFIX%% instead of %%LOCALBASE%% (or just leave the
absolute path off altogether) for the pango-querymodules invocation in
pkg-plist.  Also apple polishing unrelated to the bug.