FreeBSD Port: graphics/py-cairo

Mike Jakubik mike.jakubik at intertainservices.com
Thu Oct 24 00:09:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

I found the problem. This port does not seem to respect the CC
environment variables and was trying to compile with gcc, instead of
clang. The problem is that my CFLAGS dont work in gcc (no -mavx in old
gcc, etc) and it seemed to pull these flags from python, because
changing them in /etc/make.conf did not help.

After I recompiled python without these flags, I was able to compile
this. Still though, it would be nice if it used clang, as defined in my
make.conf. Sorry for the noise.

Thanks.