Metacity fails after updates

Jia-Shiun Li jiashiun at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 14:46:07 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 5:59 AM, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com> wrote:

for the record, in case anyone hits it too and googles for solution.

After seeing that you said it still happens after rebuilding all
ports, it comes to me and I just deleted all suspicious conifig files
& dirs, which begin with dot and I never altered in home dir. And then
it works again. Apparently something cannot handle old configurations
after being upgraded to new version, and need a fresh start. I am not
interested in finding out what exactly it is as long as it works. But
anyone curious is welcome to solve the mystery.

Jia-Shiun.