FreeBSD Port: devel/gio-fam-backend

Robert Burmeister Robert.Burmeister at UToledo.edu
Wed Jul 31 17:11:22 UTC 2013

I would like to note that the customary month notice for deleting a port was
ignored for gio-fam-backend.

As I use Gnome2 as my shell, the deletion broke things.

Also, instructions for converting dependencies were not included in UPDATING.

As I run pkgdb -F before portupgrade, my port database is now a royal mess,
and will take at least a day to reconstruct;
and I will not be able to make an important project deadline tomorrow because of
this.

I am also rummaging around for the gio-fam-backend package list in order to
clean up after it, as I can not run a pkg_delete.

Please ensure these port deletion oversights do not occur in the future.