Drag-n-drop stops working some times

Mikhail T. mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com
Tue Jan 8 18:09:52 UTC 2013

Most often I have this problem with Firefox, though Thunderbird some times
starts misbehaving too.

In firefox trying to drag-n-drop a link from one page to an exiting tab does not
work -- the link does not begin to drag. In Thunderbird dragging an attachment
from one message to another may demonstrate the same issue.

Restarting the application usually helps, although once or twice I had to
restart the entire X-session to get the functionality working again.

I can't remember, when I first observed it, but it certainly continues to happen
with the freshly-built firefox-17.0.1. If it matters, my desktop uses KDE-3.5.10.

Any ideas? Thanks! Yours,

    -mi