Issue with IPv6 address for www.freebsd.org

Keng Soon Goh KengSoon.Goh at hughes.com
Tue Feb 26 22:17:31 UTC 2013

Hi,

My name is Keng Soon Goh, and I work for Hughes Network Systems. One of my client try to access to you websites, and at some point, it does not go anywhere. I talked to Level3, and they said this subnet is belongs to them, but there is no routes at all. Are you planning to advertise this IPv6 address to the internet?

Thanks.
Keng

nslookup -q=aaaa www.freebsd.org
Server: 172.27.0.9
Address: 172.27.0.9#53

Non-authoritative answer:
www.freebsd.org canonical name = wfe0.ysv.freebsd.org.
wfe0.ysv.freebsd.org has AAAA address 2001:1900:2254:206a::50:0

freebsd.org nameserver = ns1.isc-sns.net.
freebsd.org nameserver = ns2.isc-sns.com.
freebsd.org nameserver = ns3.isc-sns.info.